Saturday, February 1, 2014
The benefits of stretching
For several years, this methodology is used by physical therapists and some sports coaches. A personal trainer and three years began to incorporate exercises of stretching in their classes. "It is necessary that all who practice a sporting activity is directed to carry out a plan of stretching at the end of the training," features.""It is also important to prioritize the main groups biarticulares hips and lower limbs (ischiotibial muscles, iliotibial band and straight femoral and twin) hip rotators, girdle and shoulder, whereupon the physical condition will be improved considerably and avoid injury".
ADVANTAGES. The stretching determines long-term benefits generated by the sum of the effect of so many exercises performed with the same muscle group. Important neuro-physiological changes occur and, at the same time, the muscle increases gradually its actual length. "In addition - San Martin - has other reasons why practice it: flexibility and coordination of movements, elasticity of the muscles, tendons and ligaments, stimulation of the circulatory system, muscular relaxation, regeneration, prevention of future muscle spasms and knowledge and awareness of the body".
Like any physical activity in general, the stretching is done twice a week. It is advisable a 15 to 30 minute session and time stretching of each segment should oscillate between 6 to 45 seconds and pause for relaxation should last the same amount of time as that used for traction (6 to 45 seconds). Here, the personal trainer offers two examples of stretches. You choose:
1 Sit on the floor with the soles of the feet together and bring them as close as possible to the English and put your hands around the toes.
2. Tilt the upper part of the body forward, slowly until you feel the inside of the thighs stretched. Hold this position for 20 seconds.
3 Bending by the hips, keep the spine straight and high Chin, as if a point of the ground were looking ahead.
4. To feel that the voltage decreases, increase slowly that stretch a little more. Endure for twenty-five seconds.
5 Exit the stretch slowly and sit in a straight position.
1. Sit on the floor with his right leg extended and bent left leg so that the sole of the left foot is pointing towards the inside of the right thigh.
2. Do not force the leg extended knee. Keep your knee slightly bent.
3 Lean forward from the hips (without bending your back), stretching towards the toes of the leg extended, until you feel a slight tension.
4. Hold this position for twenty seconds.
5. Be sure that the toes of the extended leg look upwards. This will help to maintain the alignment of the ankle, knee and hip.
6. For the evolved stretch, leaning a little more, until it is perceived an increase in tension.
7 Exit slowly stretch and change of leg. Always remember that should not bounce and the toes of the extended leg should look up to maintain correct alignment.